Managed today to watch the course earlier. This is the last day of the first week.
Observation drawing is
- 70% observational
- 30% drawing
The 3 principles of observational drawing
- light lines to dark
- big shapes to small
- general info to specific
The 5 questions drawing process
- Question 1: What is the biggest shape?
- Question 2: What is its axis?
- Question 3: How big should it be?
- Question 4: Where should it go?
- now draw lightly the shape
- Question 5: What changes can I make? (check and fix what needs fixing)
- rinse and repeat using the next largest shape
- use the existing shapes to determine the size of the current shape
The assignment was to draw something using the above five question process and the other stuff learned during the week. After searching a bit on pexels for some not too simple, not too complicated stuff, I've decided on a rubber duck and a shipwreck.
- The shipwreck is shorter than it should, but I've realised this too late, when I was adding the masts.
- Used a bit the eraser on the duck to remove a couple of lines that were too dark and fix some of the hightlights.