Today continued with THE ART & SCIENCE OF DRAWING / Week 1: Basic Skills / Day 2: Circles & Ovals.
- make a circular motion above the page, trying to visualize the circle or oval
- lightly bring the pencil on paper and draw it lightly
- enforce it by going over it around 2 times (the less, the better)
- draw 100 circles and 100 ovals
- did > 100 circles in charcoal pencil on flip-chart paper
- did > 100 ovals in dark brown sepia on flip-chart paper
- get comfortable drawing circles using the entire arm
The flip-chart is rougher than the wrapping paper I’ve used yesterday and it was very hard to make light marks with the dark brown sepia.